today in class we went over the poop quiz and I got a 70 on it which is ok but I think I could have done better. then we talked about a test we will take next week and it sounds pretty easy because it only multiple choice and its about everything we have learned recently and I understand it all. also I am nervous for exams but I think that the human geo one will be ok because we are getting a review about everything and we are getting the exact essays that are on it so I think I will be good for that one.
In class we talked about the story a message to Garcia. I learned that it was published in 1899 and sold 40 million copies.it was so popular they made it into a movie twice. the setting is during the Spanish American war. I also learned about the characters involved in the story. Garcia is a revolutionary seeking Cuban independence from Spain. Rowan is an army officer. McKinley is the president William McKinley the 25th president and was assassinated by an anarchist. I also learned about words I didn't know that where in the story. Perihelion is the point when a planet is closest to the sun, and therefore at its brightest. Slipshed means careless ,lackadaisical, slapdash, remiss. Imbecility means incability, feebleness, stupidity. Stenographer means a person who takes dictation in short hand. Missive means a letter, especially a longer official one. Message is doing the right thing without being asked. Lastly, I learned about the word arenta which means excellence of any kind, mora...
Comments
Post a Comment